Thursday, February 28, 2008

American Idol

Okay, let me get this out of the way.

I'm a big fan of American Idol. A couple of years ago, every time my girlfriend would turn the show on I would go upstairs and read. At the time I was living in a house that had a little loft bedroom.

I could lay on my bed and look down into the living room and see the TV. I would sit on my bed and try to ignore what was going on, but I couldn't stay focused on what I was trying to read.

Then one night while I was trying to read, Carrie Underwood started to sing "Independence Day." I remember sitting straight up and saying to Rach, "Who was that?"

Before I knew it I was downstairs watching the show. I got hooked and still am an avid fan. Rach and I look forward to Idol every year. I almost hate to admit it, but I look forward to it almost like I look forward to opening day in baseball.

What has happened to me?

I watch three shows on the boob tube. I watch old re-runs of Seinfeld and The Soprano's and Judge Judy. That's it, I have no clue what else is on TV today, except for Idol.

Anyway, my official prediction this year is that David Archuleta will take it all. That kid already has a huge fan base. We'll see what happens.

Onward.

Over the Christmas season I shared a great video with the subscribers to this newsletter. I called it "A little lump of coal." It is a video from the English version of American Idol. It really is amazing and uplifting to watch. I've included it here for you:



Have a great day.

Your friend,

Eric

1 comment:

BenTheRotti said...

Hi Eric,

Firstly me and Mum would like to say thank you for the many tips you have given us regarding training, we love your blog!

Now Mum would like to comment on this post.. so over to Mum..

Hi Eric,

I loved your post today. It was lovely to see that footage again. When that program aired in the UK I was watching, when Paul began to sing I got goosebumps all over, my hair stood on end and tears ran down my face. Paul went on to win the show after many more amazing performances. An amazing, down to earth, happily married man who really had no idea at all how very very talented he is. His album is now one of my treasured favourites.

He was the most deserving winner I have ever seen on one of these shows in the UK. Raw genuine talent that needed no gimmicks.

Keep up the excellent blogging :)

Sue & Ben.