Thursday, February 21, 2008

Dog Training Video Demonstration - The Premack Principle

A couple of days ago I wrote about the Premack Principle. I decided that a video would be a great way to show you exactly how it is done. Here is the video:



Hope this helps you train your dog. Feel free to pass it on to all your friends and family.

Your friend,

Eric

P.S. What to learn more amazing dog training principles and techniques. Check out:
The Amazing Dog Training Man's Home Study Dog Training Course.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Eric

What would you do in case of a squirrel where you don't let the dog go to the squirrel, not even after the dog has obeyed the recall?

Etienne

PS Thanks for the interesting blog.

Anonymous said...

Eric-

Tried this 3 separate times 2 weeks ago. Complete failure all times.

In each training session the same result: by the second or third time that I threw the treat she caught onto the fact that she wouldn't be able to get to the treat if she ran after it, so she just sat at my feet without chasing the treat. After 4 or 5 minutes I got bored standing there and eventually went over and picked up the treat in order to work on a different training technique.

Jade Brown said...

Being a person who is actively interested in dog training, I like to see this kind of quality information available on the web.

Anti Bark Collar said...

Fairly good post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wished to say that I have really enjoyed studying your blog posts. Anyway I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope to learn your post once more soon